Jeune Girl Crafts

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Off to the Races!

Holy Cow, is it July already??? Luckily, we've had a pretty quiet summer thus far so I don't think I've been too neglectful in updating the blog.

Recently, Andy decided to train for a 5k. We have many friends who are runners so they've been spurring him on with their tales of training and racing. He finally ran his first 5k on Thursday and did very well (hey, he finished! I ran a mile on Saturday for the first time and KNOW I couldn't make it another 2 and survive). Our best friends, Ed and Kelly, ran with him. The girls and I were their loudest cheerleaders. The girls then participated in their own children's races and were rewarded with popsicles and t-shirts! In truth though, the girls were happiest just checking out the cool snapping turtles in the pond.





No comments: