Jeune Girl Crafts

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple Fest


It's definitely fall here in the Hudson Valley. The nights are cool (some have been downright COLD) and the leaves are quickly turning. Early October brings the annual Apple Festival on Huguenot Street in New Paltz. We are members of the Reformed Church and were thrilled that the weather held out for their event, now in its 20th year.


I was a vendor this year for the first time and really did well for myself. Craft shows are hit or miss and this one was a hit. My cards were probably the most popular items so I will have to keep that in mind when preparing for future shows (doesn't the public know that cards aren't my favorite things to make?) Meanwhile, the girls were busy helping Daddy with the kiddie games. I apologize for the lack of "apple fest" pics but I was at my booth all day. These photos are during the cleanup and when the girls FINALLY got to go to the playground.



The BEST part of the day was that the weathermen were so wrong about the forecast. All week they said Saturday would be a complete washout. There were ominous clouds in the morning with a few sprinkles (and with my PAPER products, even humidity is a danger) but overall the day was gorgeous and we all ate our weight in apples!


No comments: